About Central Coast Body Mechanics
Tim is a qualified acupuncturist, massage therapist and Stretch Therapist with more than 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry. He has been providing top-quality health care on the Central Coast since 1996.
Tim's background in a variety of sports as both participant and trainer have given him a thorough understanding of the body, and how to keep the body and mind healthy. Tim has worked as a fitness instructor since 1983.
Tim became a massage therapist in 1996 and in 1999 became one of the first accredited instructors of Stretch Therapy (formerly known as Posture & Flexibility).
He completed a four-year Bachelor of Health Science in Acupuncture at the University of Technology in Sydney in 1999 and an advanced diploma in acupuncture at the Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China.
Tim has a diploma in yoga studies (Satyananda Yoga Australasia) and has studied various energy healing modalities including AcuEnergetics, a healing approach that integrates Chinese, Judaic, Indian and western healing traditions.
A former triathlete and personal trainer, Tim is married with two children and enjoys mountain bike riding and kayaking. In his spare time, he competes in extreme adventure and sports events.
Qualifications and associations
- Diploma of Massage, Wholistic School of Healing Arts
- Accredited Stretch Therapist and Teacher, Kit Laughlin’s Posture and Flexibility
- Bachelor of Health Science in Acupuncture, University of Technology Sydney
- Advanced Diploma in Acupuncture, University of Guangzhou, China
- Diploma Yoga Teacher Training, Satyananda Yoga Australasia
- Member of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society
- Member of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)